About our Blog

Blissfully inspiring you with our youthful sense of style is our passion. This is the story of two fifteen year old girls whose creativity reflects in our fashion, and we want to share this vision with the world. We are the generation of tomorrow and this is our fearless fashion.

Thursday, June 21, 2012

DIY: From Babydoll Top to Adorable Skirt!


Summertime is definitely DIY TIME! In case you don't know what DIY means, it means Do It Yourself! I was looking through some old clothes I was about to throw out because I didn't like anymore, and I came across this mint babydoll top. The color was gorgeous, but the shirt just wasn't me. I took a closer look at the empire waist line, and thought this could be PERFECT as a skirt! I have lots of babydoll tops that I might turn into skirts now!
Materials:
-Babydoll top
-Fabric Scissors (preferrably, they are easier. But any will do)
- Optional: Needle and thread

Here is the babydoll top I used.
I simply cut the top half of the shirt off.
You could use the extra fabric to create a bow for the waist,(which I why you might need the needle and thread)  but I just decided to use a belt I had.
I used the extra fabric to make a headband.
This outfit is really simple, and I might wear on a nice day out, when it's not too hot. It's a really casual feel, with the converse and tan t shirt. I love these type of skirts because they are so easy to dress up or down. This skirt is definitely going to be a staple item in my closet for years to come.
XOXO,
T&H







No comments:

Post a Comment